©2018 by Mitch's Journey. Proudly created with Wix.com

The Scoop - Cause I Haven't Updated Y'all In A While

October 12, 2018

So, I had almost finished this whole blog which was a bit longer and then lost it at 12:43 a.m.  I'm too tired to be really choked but I'm somewhat choked.  Brad's been telling me to go to bed for the past 2 hours but I really want to get this out so if at some point it doesn't make sense or there are typos, it's likely 1:30 a.m. and well, chemo brain.  This is going to be a shorter and maybe not as witty version cause it's late and I must get some sleep.  I promise I'll make up for it.



It feels like this journey has just begun and yet, it feels like I've been away from work forever.  I went to visit today which always makes me feel extra loved and yet makes me miss them more.  They are really awesome people and I can't wait to get back there. 


On this, the eve (actually no longer the eve cause it's after midnight now) of my 6th and final chemo treatment, I am still feeling grateful, thankful and blessed and still believe, actually, I know that God is good!  


I really wasn't as sick as we thought I would be.  Don't get me wrong, I did have 5 to 7 poopy days each session, sometimes a few more, where the alien was having a field day (see previous blog).  On the 2 or 3 really poopy days, I would just sleep, mostly because I couldn't keep my eyes open and the alien was really reeking havoc but then I would just ride the wave knowing I would come out on the other side and feel almost "normal" until my next chemo treatment.


I do have 11 more herceptin treatments every 3 weeks after the final chemo.  Yay!  I get to be stabbed in the chest 11 more times.  Click here if you want to know more about what herceptin is about.


I have recently had another MUGA scan (this scan makes sure that the chemo isn't affecting my heart) which it isn't.  Yay!


This week, I had another mammogram and ultrasound.  The first thing the mammographer said when I entered the room was, "You have a very interesting case".  I said, "That's what I keep hearing".  Haven't I always said that "normal" was overrated?  I asked the sonographer - her word (or ultrasound tech if you prefer) if there are ever cases where the lumps have grown.  She said that it is very rare but it has happened.  I couldn't even imagine the disappointment. 


I saw the oncologist for my regular pre-chemo appointment this week.  She said that the lumps have shrunk which I think is great; much better than the other way around I figure. 


On Monday, October 15th, I see the surgeon to discuss the surgery (no kidding Captain Obvious) and get a surgery date.  I've been told that they usually book the surgery 3 to 4 weeks after the last chemo treatment so that would bring us to the first weekish of November.  Now THAT is coming fast!  More about that on my next blog as my eyes are starting to cross.


Now you're all caught up.  Good night for now.  Thank you all for your support.  Love y'all!








Please reload

Our Recent Posts

Sadness Came To Visit

November 6, 2018

The Scoop - Cause I Haven't Updated Y'all In A While

October 12, 2018

Chemo #5

September 28, 2018

Please reload


I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload